Friday, November 11, 2022

iNTERVIEW WITH KATE MILES

 

 

Hello, my name is Kate Miles, and I help run Luminosity Publishing LLP. I am also a published author under several pseudonyms. I live in England in the United Kingdom. I enjoy anything that is creative, especially painting watercolors. I also love going for long walks in the countryside or on the beach. If it’s windy or raining, I love it even more. There’s nothing more thrilling than being close to nature.

Question: What kind of books does Luminosity publish? 

 Answer: We mainly publish fiction; Romance being the biggest seller, but we have recently published Mystery Suspense, and non-fiction Historical Biographical.

Question:   Can you tell readers about what’s involved in your work at Luminosity? 

Answer: From the moment when a manuscript lands in my inbox, we treat every submission with the utmost of care. Every book is read to ascertain whether it will be a good fit for Luminosity. Accepted submissions are then through to the editing stage. I format the books in the style that is current for Luminosity Publishing. The Chicago Manual of Style, a set of rules for grammar and formatting, also guides the editing process. I then commission a cover artist to create a cover that the author has requested. Royalties of course are also a part of my workload. We pay royalties every quarter, directly to each author.

I am always available to answer questions from authors and aim to reply within 24 hours during weekdays. 

Question:   What are you working on now?

Answer:  At the moment I am looking into translating some of our works into other languages. I believe there is a potential to expand our reach, especially in French, German and Spanish.

Question:   What made you start working as an editor/publisher?

Answer: As a writer of Erotic Romance myself, I wanted to pass on what I had learned to other authors. There are many pitfalls in the publishing industry, and to be able to help in any way to get a new author published for the first time brings its own reward.

Question:   What advice would you offer to those who are currently writing and want to be published?

Answer: Be positive and believe in yourself. Read and re-read your manuscript before submitting to a publisher. Most of all, never give up on your dream of being a published author.

Question:  Where and when will readers be able to obtain your latest published books? 

Answer:   

We publish works all the time. All our books appear on Amazon, Nook, Smashwords, Apple, Google and Kobo. Plus of course, our own website:

https://luminositypublishing.com/

Note: Luminosity has just published a new edition of my Regency romance TEA LEAVES AND TAROT CARDS:

https://luminositypublishing.com/en/book/tea-leaves-and-tarot-cards/

Questions and comments for Kate welcome here!

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Hello, standing by for any questions you may have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, Ladies!
    I'm definitely checking out Luminosity Publishing.
    Good luck and God's blessings to you both!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you accept books that were previously published by a small hardback library publisher? My books received great reviews but sales were dismal. Genres are romantic suspense and one romantic adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,

      Why don't you email Kate at Luminosity directly?

      Delete
  4. Thank you for an interesting interview. I enjoyed learning about Luminosity and how Kate became a publisher. I appreciate her advice to aspiring authors. In the future, I would like to hear more about the process of having novels translated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Translating books into other languages certainly increases sales.

    ReplyDelete