Friday, March 22, 2019

Interview with Author Elly Molina

Author, Elly Molina, is an international mind power consultant, educator and visionary. Elly’s clients include former heads of state, celebrities, business professionals and seekers. Elly has appeared on FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, and in The New York Times. Elly is the author of Children Who Know How to Know (Black Opal Books), Annabelle and the Domino, and her latest release, a collaborative Amazon Bestseller, titled Dancing in The Unknown.

Elly holds a Master’s Degree in Linguistics from NYU and contributes to See Beyond Magazine, Meaningful Mom Magazine and Thriveglobal. She specializes in children’s intuitive development and is the founder of Psi-Kids (www.psi-kids.com)
 
Question: What is the title and genre of your book?  Why did you select them?

Answer: Children Who Know How to Know is a nonfiction resource guide for parents, educators, and anyone interested in learning how to access, develop, and utilize their powerful intuitive and psychic abilities. I selected the title since I work with children and adults to help develop their intuitive abilities and thought it would be catchy since the book talks about children who know how to use their minds in a different manner than many of us.


Question:   What inspired this book? How did it come about?

Answer: I’ve wanted to write a book like this since 1986, when I left my College Adjunct position and began teaching Middle School. Originally I wished to write an empowerment book for kids and title it “You can, too”. I accumulated a lot of data over the years yet didn’t write the manuscript. Then, in 2008, while teaching at a very unique school, where we taught children blindfolded archery, telepathy, telekinesis, remote viewing, I witnessed seriously remarkable phenomena. Being psychic myself, I went on to co-found another private Magic School, where once again the results were mind boggling. I wanted to reach a much larger audience, so I put all the stories and activities that I have used successfully over the years into a How to Book.

We all possess psychic abilities. We are all intuitive. Some of us, like myself, are more psychic than others. I wanted to teach this skill to others. What I learned is that it takes emotional intelligence, self-awareness, control, mindfulness, along with self-discipline to practice this, and being able to navigate life intuitively makes life a lot easier.

Question:   Can you tell us about some of your other published work?

Answer:  In 2011, I wrote an illustrated children’s book titled, Annabelle and the Domino. The story, although fiction, is based on a true account of a little girl who moved a domino with her mind (telekinesis). It inspired all the other children and adults so much that everyone began practicing daily and I felt called to share the story to inspire and empower the child in all of us.  I wrote a chapter of my journey from New York to Washington State in a collaborated book title, Dancing in the Unknown. I really love that book. It’s filled with incredible true stories of people who overcame fear to go on and create something remarkable

Question:   What are you working on now?

Answer:  I’m writing a YA fiction. My character is a young boy who is a hero and on the hero’s journey. It’s set in Washington State, in the mountains that border on Mount Rainier. It’s such a beautiful area. It has inspired me, and Washington is a state that feeds my soul.

Question:   What made you start writing?

Answer: When I was in 5th grade, my elementary teacher hung my story on the bulletin board. My name wasn’t immediately visible. My mom went towards the story and began reading. When she finished, she stopped and gasped, “You wrote this?”  The teacher shared with my mom she felt I was gifted when it came to writing and encouraged me to continue. I’ve wanted to write since then. I haven’t been the most courageous in this area of my life.

Question:   What advice would you offer to those who are currently writing?

Answer: Just write! Don’t focus on how you’re going to publish and who your editor or publisher will be. Just write. Pay attention to your audience. Get writing tips. Learn technique. There are fabulous resources available, and believe in yourself.

Question:  Where and when will readers be able to obtain your books?

Answer: Children Who Know How to Know is available wherever books are sold. Annabelle and the Domino is only on Amazon or through my website @www.ellymolina.com  and Dancing in the Unknown is available everywhere as well.


Questions or comments for Elly are welcome!

16 comments:

  1. Fascinating interview! I love these subjects and reading about Elly’s Journey. I think a lot of us were inspired by s teacher who told us we were really good at writing. It shows the death of positive reinforcement. Minette Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Minette! I loved teaching and empowering my students to believe in their unlimited minds and potential!

      Delete
  2. Elly and Jacqueline,
    Very interesting interview.
    I've often thought that if there's something to reincarnation, I'd like to come back as a linguist.
    I too have written a few YA books, and I will keep your books, Elly, in mind for my grandchildren.
    All the best in all your writing projects.
    r/Steve Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting interview. I've always been curious about psychic abilities. One of the fantasy series I read is written by a psychic who also does readings over the phone. A relative of my husband reads coffee grounds and an acquaintance of mine reads palms. Though vague, they were pretty spot on reading me. I've dabbled in reading tea leaves and tarot cards mainly in the name of personal research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe! I read coffee grinds when clients come to me in person! My focus is on teaching children and adults how psychic we all are. We've been taught to see all this as phenomena when it's just part of our makeup. I offer workshops, give readings, and really focus on people understanding these abilities are within us . I'm super psyched to be doing the New Life Expo this weekend and teaching remote viewing and telepathy to the New York crowd!

      Delete
  4. The range of topics in this interview are all so intriguing. It got me thinking about some study from years ago about how the average human uses only 10% of their brain capacity. It sounds like Children Who Know How to Know encourages people to access dormant inner resources. Fascinating.

    Cardyn Brooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for responding, Cardyn! We have amazing abilities and we are taught to look at them as weird and woo woo when in fact, it's normal and natural. Developing really great telepathy and remote viewing takes practice, like anything else. I've seen amazing things!! I've got tips on how to do all this in the chapters on Mindfulness and Intuitive Heart!

      Delete
  5. Wow, wow, wow! Your book sounds AMAZING!
    I love that you say "we all have psychic abilities" I agree although many are afraid of these inherent God-given abilities.

    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pamela!
      Yes, adults are afraid. Children are empowered. I came across a comment from a 7 year old participant from a previous workshop. He wrote, "It shows to kids that thought they were powerless, look what they did" (spelling errors have been corrected! ( Not everyone can read seven year old English!)
      Children so often feel powerless around the adults in their world. They've heard "no" more often than anyone can count during their short years. Here, where they're unafraid of speaking up, they get to participate and express their amazing and powerful psychic abilities, which leads to empowerment and self confidence. They become beaming light poles! I love this work!!! And since children are in alpha until 8, they are so open to being psychic and "getting the work" Thank you Pam for your well wishes! Means a lot to me!

      Delete
  6. Fantastic interview, Elly. Best of luck with all of your many endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fascinating journey for your life's work. You're fortunate that your teacher saw your talent and encouraged you, and your mother also. Good luck with your books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had grandchildren to buy your books for. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Carole! My first grandchild was born just two weeks ago and I look forward to being able to teach him all these wonderful skills and ways of looking at the world!

    ReplyDelete