Sunday, September 4, 2022

Leisure Weekend Reading

A good friend pointed out that Labor Day weekend is the perfect time to relax. Her days have been stressful. Her solution? No work this weekend. Just relax and read for pleasure.

In fact, we still have some summer left, the perfect time to spend some time relaxing. Sit in the sun, lie on a chaise poolside, rest by the ocean or a lake, or under the shade of a tree, sip a cool drink, and read a book—hard cover, soft cover, audio or digital. 

Mysteries remain one of the most popular genres for summer reading. Why? Because they entertain us. They also engage our intellect in a satisfying manner. Romances provide us with a happy ever after ending, good escape reading. If you like reading for enjoyment, it’s the way to go. I just finished reading WHEN SHE DREAMS by Amanda Quick (Jayne Ann Krentz). This romantic suspense/mystery is the 6th in the popular Burning Cove series set in the 1930’s. It’s great escape literature. I started a new Angela Sanders mystery. Her witch mystery series is an excellent cozy choice. 

I’ve been reading a lot of Regency fiction of late as well. One of the authors I particularly am enjoying is Jane Ashford who has written numerous Regency romances. Another is Mary Balogh.

Lots of good summer reading on the bestseller list. However, there are excellent authors who write for small independent presses and provide us with quality fiction but don’t get as much publicity because they are not with the big publishers.

For adult readers, I suggest my mystery novel

Death Promise, a romantic mystery thriller published by Encircle and available on Amazon and other booksellers in both print and ebook editions. Also from Encircle:

Blood Family, my 5th Kim Reynolds mystery.

For readers of young adult fiction I suggest WITCH WISH from Black Opal Press, also available from most booksellers.

Intrigue Publishing is offering my adult romantic mystery THE INHERITANCE as a free read on Audible.

If you enjoy historical romance, I suggest SINFUL SEDUCTION from Luminosity, set during the American Revolution, or HIGHLAND HEART, historical romance set in England and the Scottish Highlands in 1745 at the time of the second Jacobite Rebellion.

You are welcome to recommend your own books as well so others will become aware of them!

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great suggestions! For an escape, I enjoy rereading the Nancy Drew books I loved when I was younger. Like you, I enjoy books by Angela Sanders, particularly her Witch Way Librarian series. I also enjoy her vintage clothing mysteries. I recently finished Lost Coast Literary by Ellie Alexander. It is a mystery with a touch of magical realism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading this blog and adding your excellent suggestions.

      Delete
  2. I agree that Labor Day is a great day for reading. Having read several of your books, I can attest that they are excellent reading choices. I'm currently reading a wonderful book by T.K. Thorne entitled House of Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting. You've enriched this blog.

      Delete
  3. Great post and I too, indulge in leisure reading. More often now than ever before. In fact, I just finished a book by Danielle Steele that I started reading yesterday LOL!

    Good luck and God's blessings to ALL
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any Danielle Steele recently. But she's always a good choice.

      Delete