Friday, December 15, 2023

Sharing Reading Suggestions for the Holidays 2023

 

The holidays are a great time to gift friends, family and yourself with books to read. And there certainly are a lot of them being published! You can find books to suit every age and taste whether fiction or nonfiction. Let’s share recommendations, whether it be your own work or that of others. 

I’ll start things going. I recently finished reading PORTRAIT OF AN UNKNOWN WOMAN by Daniel Silva. This mystery thriller is part of a series. It’s a fast read with some surprising twists.

I was gifted with the 4th Witch Way Librarian Mystery entitled WITCH UPON A STAR print edition and have just started reading it. I’ve enjoyed the first three books in this series by Angela M. Sanders.

I both read and write historical romance as well as mysteries. My most recent novel combining historical family saga and mystery is entitled HEART OF WISDOM and was released by Level Best Books in September.

Okay, now it’s your turn. Please share the books and publications you think will make for good holiday reading.

Feel free to talk about work you’ve recently had published if you’re an author. Readers, please mention books you have on your wish list and/or recently read, enjoyed, and can recommend.

 

 

11 comments:

  1. I love reading the No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith. I recently read the 23rd book in the series, A Song of Comfortable Chairs. I look forward to reading the 24th book, From a Far and Lovely Country. I always feel uplifted when I read these books. I recommend the series very highly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the series and look forward to each new book.

      Delete
    2. I've just published: Mesmerizing Word Search Puzzle book 2024. 150 puzzles, 3000 words, Amazon, $8.99 - Very appropriate for ALL ages, entertaining while also educational. Bargain and great gift idea. I've also just finished reading two romance novels - and written 5-star reviews for both authors on Amazon: He Sang to Me by Casey Tyler; and Love By Design, by Linda Tiffin. I'm not a romance novel reader, but I did like both books. Both authors with very different writing styles.

      Delete
  2. I recently picked up Sujata Massey's new book, The Mistress of Bhatia House, which I'm looking forward to. I'm also looking forward to having some quiet time to catch up on lots of books set aside earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several people have mentioned to me that their best holiday present will simply be having some quiet time to sit, read and relax.

      Delete
  3. I recommend a mystery/thriller called The Ticket. I'm somewhat biased because I wrote it, but many readers enjoy it. Details at www.fredshackelford.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred,
      Thanks for the recommendation. This blog gets many more views than comments. Readers, take note! Happy holidays.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your blog about good reading for the holidays. I would love it if you would take a look at my collection of Christmas stories: Christmas Eve on the Underground Railroad and other stories. https://www.amazon.com/dp/0692049215
    Thanks for your consideration.
    Michael Easterling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michael, for sharing this. A perfect time to buy and read Christmas stories.

      Delete
  5. Finally got round to reading The Maid. Engaging.

    ReplyDelete